Welcome to the Scrap Heap European Football League!
Entries are now open for the 2012-13 season. The season gets underway on September 6 with the start of the five-week qualifying period.
The league includes a group stage where the final 32 teams will be split in to two groups of 16 and compete in a series of head-to-head matchups.
- The season begins in late summer, ends in mid-May and will encompass 30 game weeks.
- Each game week begins on a Thursday and finishes on the following Wednesday.
- Points scored for a given week in both countries will be added together to give the scores which will be used in this competition.
- Managers must use the same team name in both countries, or they will be removed from the competition.
- Managers must use the same team name throughout the season, or they will be removed from the competition.
League Schedule Summary
Weeks 1-5 : Qualifying - the top 24 teams after week 5 will progress to the group stage.
Weeks 7-17: Group stage - teams drawn in to two groups of 12 teams. Each group consists of a round-robin over 11 weeks, with each team playing all of the other teams in their group in a series of head-to-head matchups. 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. The top 6 in each group after the 11th round of matches will progress to the knockout stages.
Weeks 18-20: Round 2 (last 12 teams). The twelve teams who qualify from the group stage will be placed in to an elimination bracket. The head-to-head matchups last three weeks (four in the final), with the higher-scoring team in each match moving on to the next round.
Weeks 21-23: Quarter Finals.
Weeks 24-26: Semi Finals.
Weeks 27-30: The Final.
Any ties will be broken firstly by the total season score for the teams and then by their total score in the qualifying section of the season.